A NEW WAY TO ‘NOG FEAT. SPICE ADAMS
Think you know how to ‘Nog? Think again. Your favorite Family cocktails just got a whole lot merrier and Spicier. E&J is partnering with Spice Adams to put a spin on the season’s classic recipes.
Cinnamon, Spice & Prizes that are everything nice
Enter for the chance to win an E&J ‘Nog prize pack complete with an exclusive Family cocktail book, barware and merch.
Extra Smooth Holiday Grooves
Get your ‘Nog on and sing along with Spice in his latest music video.
Spice Up The Season
Spice and friends share their takes on seasonal E&J staples.
HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?
By Snake Eyes Sam
It may be family game night, but you didn’t come to play. When bragging rights and first dibs on your auntie’s famous casserole are on the line, it’s serious business. So, shake da dice, pour one out for yourself ova ice, and show these slow rollers and old heads what you’ve got.
- 1 oz E&J Apple
- 4 oz Cranberry Juice
- Add ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Shake, then pour into a glass over ice.
Take it from me: When you’re waiting outside and trying to figure out “who all in there,” you don’t want to stand around empty-handed. Make yourself a cocktail that you can enjoy while deciding whether to slide ova, slide out, or slide your cousin five bucks to sneak you a plate.
- 1 1/2 oz E&J Apple
- 1/2 oz Amaretto
- 3 oz Hot Cider
- Apple Slice (for garnish)
- Pour E&J Apple and warm cider into a mug. Mix together, and garnish with apple slice.
BON BON VIE
By Bougie Uncle
I don’t want to hear anything about that sorry excuse of liquor your cheap uncle brought to Thanksgiving. The holidays are for gifting fine art, playing the piano as chestnuts roast on an open fire, and enjoying E&J on the rocks. As it should be.
- 2 oz E&J Brandy VS, VSOP or XO
- Small Dessert (for garnish)
- Pour 2 ounces E&J VS, VSOP or XO Brandy into a lowball glass or snifter and enjoy. Enjoy neat or with one rock. Garnish with your favorite holiday dessert confection.
OLD HEAD FASHIONED
By Mr. Burgundy, Old Head Uncle
It’s not a holiday without a good ol’ game of spades, friendly trash talk, and chats with Chuck on your bluetoof (speaking of, whatcha say nah, Chuck? ). So, put your feet up, ignore your pager, and treat yourself to a lil’ something old(head)-fashioned in the spirit of the season.
- 3 oz E&J VS Brandy
- 2-3 Dashes of Bitters
- 1 Tsp of Sugar
- Splash of Club Soda
- Lemon Peel (for garnish)
- Pour brandy, bitters and sugar into a lowball glass over ice. Top off with a splash of club soda, and garnish with lemon peel.
The holidays: A whole lot of electricity, but not enough electric sliding. All I know is if you’re out there standing around, you’re not doing it right. Get your groove on and bust out this E&J cocktail, even if you’re just waiting in line to return the sweater that your old head uncle got you.
- 2 oz Brandy VSOP
- 1 oz Hazelnut-Infused Syrup
- Marshmallows (for garnish)
- Add ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Shake, then pour over ice. Garnish with a marshmallow spear.
TODDY ALLOVER YO BODY
By Slick Nick
The only thing smoother than these moves during cuffing season is this cocktail. Enjoy it while you’re practicing your best lines in the mirror, and soon, you’ll be pulling up to the annual family holiday party with your date on one arm and E&J in the other.
- 1 1/2 oz E&J VS
- 1 oz Sours
- Squeeze of Honey (to taste)
- Hot Water
- Lemon Slice & Cinnamon Stick (for garnish)
- Heat water in a teapot or saucepan, then pour into a glass coffee mug. Add remaining ingredients into mug, and stir to combine. Garnish with lemon slice and cinnamon stick.
‘NOG WIT ME
By Fat Wonder (aka ‘Nog Wonder)
The ‘nog is like music to my ears, you get me? Whenever you’re stuck on a line or feeling uninspired in the studio, just let the flavor speak (or sing) to you. Next thing you know, you’ll be ‘nogging along and dropping your next hit.
- 1 oz E&J VSOP Brandy
- 1 1/4 oz Milk
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Nutmeg (for garnish)
- Pour milk, brandy, egg yolk and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well, then strain into a rocks glass. Garnish with grated nutmeg.
A NEW WAY TO ‘NOG
By Fat Wonder (aka Fast Wonder)
Gotta lay down a track real quick? You can still ‘nog on.
- 1 Part E&J VSOP (1 1/2 oz)
- 2 Parts (Pre-made) Eggnog (3 oz)
- A Dash of Cinnamon (for garnish)
- Pour ingredients into a rocks glass, and garnish with a dash of cinnamon.
By Playa Playa
This one’s for the fellas who hang out at the mall and holla at all the aunties doing their holiday shopping. Put on your best suit, pour yourself a cocktail, and repeat after me: “If I had four quarters to give to the most beautifulest girls in here, you’d have a dollar, you understand me? Now, let me buy you a drink, uh ha ha…”
- 3/4 oz E&J VS Brandy
- 3/4 oz Triple Sec
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- Lemon Peel (for garnish)
- Add ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake, then strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with lemon peel.
Have an E&J holiday recipe?
Share it on Instagram with #EJFamilyRecipe or upload it to the Family site. You could get a shoutout from Spice or featured in our exclusive Family cocktail book.